Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Student/Staff Email

From: Jeff Choo <jeff_choo () MSPP EDU>
Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2014 16:41:35 -0500

Hi John,

Yes we have also discussed this issue among my peers too as we are also migrating to Office365.  Our "current" solution
is to create a subdomain for alumni and moving all alumni to alumni.mspp.edu - so their email address after graduation
will be xxx () alumni mspp edu<mailto:xxx () alumni mspp edu> - if the graduated student ever returned for staff or
faculty position, a new email account will be created for student on the main domain as xxx () mspp edu<mailto:xxx ()
mspp edu>, which is not associated to the old student account.

We haven't implemented this policy yet so we are also very interested to see how everyone else dealing with this issue.

Regards

Jeff Choo - Director, Information Technology
Information Security Officer
Massachusetts School of Professional Psychology (MSPP)
T - 617-327-6777 Ext. 1202
F - 617-477-2002
W - www.mspp.edu
Jeff_Choo () mspp edu

For support, please send your request to:
Email: support () mspp edu<mailto:support () mspp edu>
Web: http://support.mspp.edu<http://support.mspp.edu/>
Phone: 617-327-6777 x1600

Meeting the Needs... Making a Difference