Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

WSJ Article - A Contrarian View on Data Breaches

From: Peter Lundstedt <peter.lundstedt () DRAKE EDU>
Date: Tue, 5 Aug 2014 13:06:25 +0000

Curious if anyone read the article in today's Wall Street Journal titled A Contrarian View on Data Breaches.

The interviewees seem to have a viewpoint around what's best for their bottom line and for their shareholders, rather
than what may be best for the cardholder.  We've never suffered a breach (that we know of) but I can't imagine trying
to keep it under wraps in hope that our reputation would not suffer.

Interested in others opinions.

Article Link<http://online.wsj.com/articles/a-contrarian-view-on-data-breaches-1407194237?mod=WSJ_hp_LEFTTopStories>

Peter Lundstedt|  Information Security Analyst
Drake Technology Services (DTS) | Drake University