Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Do you use video conferencing for identity proofing remote students?

From: Dan Peterson <drpeterson () ES NET>
Date: Wed, 13 Nov 2013 22:26:43 -0800

So one question comes to mind; what are you trying to proof the identity for? What process would you do if the person
was standing in front of you, can you replicate that with the remote station?

If you have any remote trusted staff at the location that the camera is at, you could leverage them to vet the ID card
and person.

- --
Dan