Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Mandatory information security awareness training

From: "Flynn, Gary - flynngn" <flynngn () JMU EDU>
Date: Fri, 12 Apr 2013 20:27:36 +0000

Every faculty, staff, student, or affiliate that has a JMU electronic ID
goes through security awareness when they change their password which must
be done at least every 90 days.

From:  "Chancellor, Beth C." <ChancellorB () MISSOURI EDU>
Date:  Friday, April 12, 2013 3:59 PM
To:  <SECURITY () LISTSERV EDUCAUSE EDU>
Subject:  [SECURITY] Mandatory information security awareness training

I need to identify institutions that have mandatory information security
awareness training for all employees. MU has required training for certain
segments of our employee population but not for all.  Please reply to me if
you have already have such a policy that covers everyone.

Thanks,
Beth

Beth Chancellor
chancellorb () missouri edu