Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Full Disk - Media encryption

From: Shawn Kohrman <skohrman () APU EDU>
Date: Wed, 5 Jun 2013 15:34:12 -0700

We're currently doing a POC with Checkpoint's FDE product right now.  So
far, the test results have been very positive.

Shawn

-----
Shawn A. Kohrman, CISSP
Security Architect

Azusa Pacific University
Information & Media Technology
901 E. Alosta Ave., PO Box 7000
Azusa, CA 91702-7000

P:  626.815.2054 | F:  626.815.2061 | http://www.apu.edu/
-----

On Thu, May 30, 2013 at 7:31 AM, Bohlk, Christopher J. <cbohlk () pace edu>wrote:

Hi All,

I was wondering if anyone is using TrueCrypt to encrypt their laptops with
FDE?  If so, how are you handling password management if a user forgets
their password?  Are you storing the these passwords in a secure location
where administrators can retrieve them if needed?

Thanks,
Chris

Chris Bohlk, CISSP
Pace University