Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Full Disk - Media encryption

From: Jim Furstenbrg <JamesFurstenberg () FERRIS EDU>
Date: Wed, 29 May 2013 10:47:07 -0400

Looking for any advice and feedback on Vendor Solutions for Full Disk
Encryption  (FDE) and Media Disk encryption (MDE).

We currently use Checkpoint -- however their new version E80.xx does not
support  our Symantec 12.1, 12.2 etc  anti-maleware endpoint solution --
so we are forced to seek another vendor for our encryption needs.

Checkpoint FDE/MDE was clunky and we have had lots of issues with it , so
this is an opportunity for us.

I just wanted to see what folks have found success with and if there are
any recommendations.

Thank you.

Jim Furstenberg |IT Security Analyst CISSP, C|EH

"In GOD we trust, all others bring data."    W. Edward Demmings
Ferris State University  - National Security Agency Center of Excellence
330 Oak St  | Big Rapids, MI 49307
Office: 231.591.5335
Mobile: 231.645.5821
EFax: 888.396.6269