Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Vulnerability Scanner Recommendations

From: Barron Hulver <Barron.Hulver () OBERLIN EDU>
Date: Fri, 16 Nov 2012 10:07:53 -0500

I'm also interested in this as I'm trying to move toward quarterly
vulnerability scans instead of the on-demand as we do now.  Currently I
have my external security consultant handle our vulnerability scans so I
rely on him for guidance for a specific scanner and right now we are
using Nessus.

I have a service for our PCI compliance SAQs and they handle the
external scans for me for just the few IPs in scope for PCI.

Barron

Barron Hulver
Director of Networking, Operations, and Systems
Center for Information Technology
Oberlin College
148 West College Street
Oberlin, OH  44074