Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: CISSP Endorsement request

From: David Pirolo <webmaster () WARNERPACIFIC EDU>
Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2012 09:34:07 -0700

I'm with you on this one Keith.  It's disappointing to see that his peer
group in the educational field can be so brash towards a new candidate.
Whereas I don't at all agree in the methodology that was chosen to
request endorsement, I'd at least expect a level of civility to guide
him to the proper channels.

Tarun, congratulations on your first step.  As Roger states, you're
going to need to build credibility in the community.  I'd suggest
finding a local security group where you can get to know some of them
personally and professionally.

David Pirolo
Warner Pacific College