Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: CISSP Endorsement request

From: Valdis Kletnieks <valdis.kletnieks () VT EDU>
Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2012 12:16:12 -0400

On Tue, 17 Jul 2012 11:53:51 -0400, Doug Kahn said:

I will give Tarun the benefit of the doubt and choose to believe he was
not clear on the process.  Until we prove otherwise, we all deserve that
consideration.

I have to admit that if I ever got around to doing the whole CISSP thing, I'll
probably end up posting to a local list saying "Hey, I just passed the test,
which of you guys know me and have a CISSP" - because I suspect we have a
number of CISSP holders on campus who are just pretty quiet about it (I
actually know for certain of only one because I've seen the plaque in his
office , and know one other that probably has it but he's not the type to
mention it.  Randy might actually know how many CISSP's we have running around
loose around here).  I figured Tarun just miscued and posted to the wrong list.

:)