Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Rethinking the DMZ

From: John Ladwig <John.Ladwig () SO MNSCU EDU>
Date: Thu, 6 Sep 2012 18:23:27 +0000

Side thread on the topic; apologies.

We've looked a bit at Microsoft's Server and Domain Isolation and DirectAccess systems, which offer the promise of some
of this host-firewall/control close to the server.

Has anyone ever had a conversation with, say an internal or other IT-audit group about separation of duties issues with
server (or Active Directory) admins controlling network traffic policy, instead of a separate network or Infosec group?

   -jml