Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Rethinking the DMZ

From: Harry Hoffman <hhoffman () IP-SOLUTIONS NET>
Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2012 21:09:23 -0400

Heya Jason,

Our mantra has always been: "Each host on our network must be able to
protect itself" and so we don't have a DMZ. Every host is meant to be
running a host based firewall that allows for specific services to be
accessible from predetermined locations.

That doesn't mean that having backup access controls in place is a bad
thing.

Cheers,
Harry