Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Google Maps offering to "map our locations"....concerns??

From: Martin Manjak <mmanjak () ALBANY EDU>
Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2012 10:39:26 -0400

If memory serves me, they were fined $25k by the FCC for impeding the
investigation. I'm sure they could take that out of petty cash.
Marty

On 4/16/2012 10:32 AM, Morrow Long wrote:
FYI

From the Technology section of today's NY Times - The Federal Gov't has
claimed that when it investigated claims  into potential invasion of privacy
problems with Google (accidently) capturing Wi-Fi traffic during Google's
Streetview project that some at Google apparently attempted to obstruct the
investigation:

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/04/16/technology/fccs-google-case-leaves-unanswe
red-questions.html

Martin Manjak
CISSP, GIAC GSEC-G
Information Security Officer
University at Albany
MSC 209 518/437-3813

The University at Albany will never ask you to reveal your password.
Please ignore all such requests.