Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Google Maps offering to "map our locations"....concerns??

From: Morrow Long <morrow.long () YALE EDU>
Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2012 10:32:40 -0400

FYI

From the Technology section of today's NY Times - The Federal Gov't has
claimed that when it investigated claims  into potential invasion of privacy
problems with Google (accidently) capturing Wi-Fi traffic during Google's
Streetview project that some at Google apparently attempted to obstruct the
investigation:

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/04/16/technology/fccs-google-case-leaves-unanswe
red-questions.html