Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Do you have a Chinese C-name for your website?

From: "Swick, Forrest" <Forrest.Swick () UNCO EDU>
Date: Thu, 7 Jun 2012 00:05:59 +0000

Bob,

Did you ever find out exactly what is going on with this domain. I've read the "Documentation links" provided by Jason
but no other discussion.  SASM3.net is housed in Beijing China and has an interesting research paper tied to it
(http://www.nossdav.org/2007/files/file-29-session5-paper3-bao.pdf). Their site for our university seems to be updating
just as fast as we do and they sure do seem to be caching a lot of sites.  McAfee's SiteAdvisor says it's ok
(http://www.siteadvisor.com/sites/SASM3.net).

--Forrest

Forrest H. Swick
IT Security Analyst