Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: SIEM Solutions

From: Shawn Kohrman <skohrman () APU EDU>
Date: Tue, 5 Jun 2012 16:33:50 -0700

Many thanks to all of you who responded!  I'll keep you posted as we move
forward.

Shawn
-----
Shawn A. Kohrman, Security Architect

Azusa Pacific University
Information & Media Technology
901 E. Alosta Ave., PO Box 7000
Azusa, CA 91702-7000

P:  626.815.2054 | F:  626.815.2061 | http://www.apu.edu/
-----

On Tue, Jun 5, 2012 at 8:52 AM, Paul Hanson <paulh () haas berkeley edu> wrote:

We're currently evaluating the community edition of Alienvault since it
supports ossec, syslog, arpwatch, p0f, and snort.  There are a plethora of
other products it supports but those are the big hitters.  I've heard the
professional version is leaps and bounds above the free version but haven't
gotten that far.

In terms of alternatives I've heard good things about
IBM QRadar (formerly Q1 Labs)
Tenable Log Correlation Engine
Solarwinds Log & Event Manager (formerly Trigeo)

Cheers!
Paul