Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

VMS recommendations or pitfalls

From: Felecia Vlahos <fvlahos () COX NET>
Date: Tue, 5 Jun 2012 09:58:41 -0700

We are looking to implement a new Visitor Management System (versus access control) for our campus residence halls. We currently have a manual system of logging in visitors and taking their ID while on campus. We seek software to check in the visitor and issue a badge.

Benefits: better accountability of personnel during an emergency, no storage of IDs (less chance for Identity Theft or loss of the ID), less paperwork, better legibility of the information, and enhanced reporting capabilities.

Any recommendations of products you are using at your University or pitfalls to avoid?

Thanks,
Felecia Vlahos
ISO
San Diego State University