Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: SIEM Solutions

From: Jeff Howlett <howlettj () MEREDITH EDU>
Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2012 16:11:37 -0400

We tried the AlienVault implementation at Meredith, but did not have
the staff time to make it work like it should.  Instead we went with a
managed AlienVault system by Trusted Metrics www.trustedmetrics.com
(they are the only US based certified AlienVault MMSP) and have been
extremely happy.  We have been running for 1.5 years with 24/7 support
by Trusted Metrics and my staff loves the system.

The cost is very reasonable, a little more than AlienVault pro, but
monthly rather than in an unmanageable (for us) cost directly to
AlienVault for the software license and without the training costs and
time for my engineers.  I would highly recommend anyone looking into a
SIEM to check into the MMSP model.

Feel free to contact me with any questions.

Jeff

Jeffrey R. Howlett
Chief Information Officer
Meredith College