Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Privacy policy question

From: "John K. Lerchey" <lerchey () ANDREW CMU EDU>
Date: Fri, 1 Jun 2012 10:50:21 -0400

Hi,

Ours does, and has for quite some time.

I've pasted in the wording from each section as we have separate details for faculty, staff and students.

"Whenever possible and legally permissible, notification must be given to the faculty member whose data are subject to subpoena, search warrant, or order of court prior to compliance therewith, and, whenever possible and legally permissible, sufficient time must be allowed, before intrusion, to allow the faculty member to file a motion to quash. "

"Whenever possible and legally permissible, notification must be given to the staff member whose data are subject to subpoena, search warrant, or order of court prior to compliance therewith. "

"Whenever possible and legally permissible, notification must be given to the student whose data are subject to subpoena, search warrant, or order of court prior to compliance therewith."

John