Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Foreign Nationals

From: Benjamin Parker <parkerbc () MOUNTUNION EDU>
Date: Thu, 31 May 2012 10:34:59 -0400

To take this to the next step, shouldn't our academic departments be the
ones who are actively pursuing and recruiting "this type" of student to
gain their skill sets, familiarity of culture, and thought processes of
these other nation-states.

Based on the assumption that these other places are limiting personal
freedom, and going on the "theory" that we aren't. We should able to find
the students who slip through the cracks of the nation-state's recruiting
machine.

These students would be invaluable to national security against the exact
threats they are being perceived as.

Ben Parker