Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Email Disclaimers

From: Louis APONTE <LouisAponte () WEBER EDU>
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2012 08:04:44 -0600

Kevin

Put us down on the not useful, do not use side.

personally as annoying as the "keep up the good work" signature.

Louis Aponte

Weber State University

On 3/12/2012 at 7:18 AM, in message
<10739475F49E2C4796AA92C5C6E9C3BD58F746D67B () UCMAILBE1 ad uc edu>,
"Mclaughlin, Kevin (mclaugkl)" <mclaugkl () UCMAIL UC EDU> wrote:

Hi Everyone:

I have been asked to see if other IHEs make use of email disclaimers.
If you require or strongly recommend the use of email disclaimers at
your institution would you kick me an off-list email to let me know?   I
will compile the results (redacted) and post a summary back to the
list.

Thanks,
- Kevin

Kevin L. McLaughlin,  CISM, CISSP, GIAC-GSLC, CRISC, PMP, ITIL Master
Certified
Chief Information Security Officer (CISO) & Assistant Vice President
Administration & Finance
TEWG-Region 6 TLO

University of Cincinnati
513-556-9177

The University of Cincinnati is one of America's top public research
institutions and one of the region's largest employers, with a student
population of more than 42,700.

confidential and privileged information protected by state and federal
privacy laws (including, but not limited to, the Health Insurance
Portability and Accountability Act of 1996(“HIPAA”). Any unauthorized
review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not