Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Email Disclaimers

From: "Mclaughlin, Kevin (mclaugkl)" <mclaugkl () UCMAIL UC EDU>
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2012 09:18:02 -0400

Hi Everyone:

I have been asked to see if other IHEs make use of email disclaimers.  If you require or strongly recommend the use of
email disclaimers at your institution would you kick me an off-list email to let me know?   I will compile the results
(redacted) and post a summary back to the list.

Thanks,
- Kevin

Kevin L. McLaughlin,  CISM, CISSP, GIAC-GSLC, CRISC, PMP, ITIL Master Certified
Chief Information Security Officer (CISO) & Assistant Vice President
Administration & Finance
TEWG-Region 6 TLO

University of Cincinnati
513-556-9177

The University of Cincinnati is one of America's top public research institutions and one of the region's largest
employers, with a student population of more than 42,700.

Confidentiality Notice: This e-mail message, including any attachments, is for the sole use of the intended
recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information protected by state and federal privacy laws
(including, but not limited to, the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996("HIPAA"). Any
unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please
contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the original message.