Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Whole Disk Encryption

From: Dean Halter <Dean.Halter () NOTES UDAYTON EDU>
Date: Fri, 6 Jan 2012 11:12:03 -0500

The University of Dayton uses Checkpoint Full Disk Encryption (formerly
Pointsec) on its laptops.  We've used it in (non-AD environment, WebDAV)
since approximately 2007 with few issues so far.

The Princeton page is very well done.  I have to wonder, however, how
import/export regulations will evolve as encryption becomes common all the
way down to consumer devices.  IPads, for example, have hardware
encryption built in (and are made in China - LOL).

Dean
Dean Halter, CISA, CISSP
IT Risk Management Officer, UDit
University of Dayton

"Security is a process, not a product."  Bruce Schneier