Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Desktop Administrator Question

From: "Johnson, Jeff" <JJOHNS86 () DEPAUL EDU>
Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2012 23:12:41 +0000

Hello Everyone,

DePaul is currently evaluating how we have access rights and roles setup on desktop/laptop computers at the
institution.  We currently give all employees administrator rights to their desktop computer.  Our understanding is
that most institutes of higher education are offering employees of the institution administrator rights on their
desktops, but we would like to validate this to satisfy some questions from some others (particularly internal audit
folks).  As such, we were interested in gathering some more concrete data on this and have created a very short and
simple (4 question) survey to capture this information.    We would very much appreciate your participation if you are
able, and we will share the results for everyone via email (cleansing any personal information you choose to enter
prior to doing so of course).  If you would rather pass this on to colleagues involved in desktop administration and
support, that would also be most appreciated.

Here is a link to the survey:  http://depaul.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_6lNkqctZNQ5BZaI

Thank you so much for your help!

Regards,

Jeff Johnson