Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Desktop Administrator Question

From: Joel Rosenblatt <joel () COLUMBIA EDU>
Date: Wed, 1 Feb 2012 00:16:34 -0500

Hi,

I looked at your survey and I would suggest that you add a qualifier to your third question.

We allow administrative access UNLESS the desktop is used to process university sensitive information - so the answer
is not yes or no, but it depends.

Thanks,
Joel Rosenblatt

Joel Rosenblatt, Manager Network & Computer Security
Columbia Information Security Office (CISO)
Columbia University, 612 W 115th Street, NY, NY 10025 / 212 854 3033
http://www.columbia.edu/~joel
Public PGP key
http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x90BD740BCC7326C3