Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Encrypting Computers and Portable Media

From: Dan Han/HSC/VCU <s2dhan () VCU EDU>
Date: Mon, 3 Oct 2011 16:49:52 -0400

Dennis,

We are in the process of deploying Credant to laptops in our environment.
Our environment consists of a wide range of devices of various makes and
models, and the FDE solutions we tried didn't work too well, as they seem
to have a high rate of failure within our environment. Credant is a
centrally managed file based encryption solution, and the only solution we
tested that worked with mostly all devices, regardless of the the make and
model. They also offer removable media encryption with their product,
although we have not fully tested or deployed it yet.

Dan Han
Information Security Officer
Virginia Commonwealth University

never use email to request that you reply with your password, Social
Security number or confidential personal information.  For more details
visit http://infosecurity.vcu.edu/phishing.