Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Virus/Trojan/Worm in the Dorms

From: "James R. Pardonek" <pardonjr () PURDUECAL EDU>
Date: Tue, 6 Sep 2011 09:32:22 -0500

It would be interesting to know and helpful for them if they had a switched
network with switches that have some intelligence in their dorms.  We prevent
this by not allowing traffic from student computers that source common ports
such as DHCP or HTTP.

Regards,

Jim

Please let me know if there is anything additional I can assist you with to
ensure the service you received today has been excellent.

James R. Pardonek, CISSP CEH CPT

Assistant Director for Information Security and Assurance

Information Services

Purdue University Calumet

Hammond, Indiana

P: (219)989-2745