Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Awareness training and sanctions

From: Charles Seitz <cseitz () UTM EDU>
Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2011 18:36:38 +0000

I am researching how other institutes of higher learning approach security awareness training and what sanctions for
bad behavior are available, like giving up credentials to phishers more than once. We've put together some online
training and I'm trying to convince the powers that be to make it mandatory with sanctions for bad online behavior
after having acknowledged that they received and understood the training. The trouble is figuring out what other
institutions, especially public ones, do for training and sanctions. So how do y'all handle it?

Thanks,

Charlie

Charles A. Seitz
Senior Security Analyst
University of Tennessee Information Security Office
Martin Campus
cseitz () tennessee edu
(731) 881-7966
Mobile (615) 948-3641