Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: content filtering at home

From: "Jamie A. Stapleton" <jstapleton () COMPUTER-BUSINESS COM>
Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2011 15:22:27 -0400

Here is an open source UTM - http://www.endian.org/

From: The EDUCAUSE Security Constituent Group Listserv [mailto:SECURITY () LISTSERV EDUCAUSE EDU] On Behalf Of Karl
Bernard
Sent: Monday, March 21, 2011 6:04 PM
To: SECURITY () LISTSERV EDUCAUSE EDU
Subject: Re: [SECURITY] content filtering at home

I'm putting together a mini-itx based network box to run either Untangle or Astaro.
http://www.untangle.com/build-your-own-untangle-server
http://www.astaro.com/landingpages/en-worldwide-homeuse

These are both free for home use. They aren't as easy as setting up a filtering DNS, but are a lot more comprehensive
and provide reporting, as well.

Karl Bernard