Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: content filtering at home

From: Paul Lepkowski <peliso () RIT EDU>
Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2011 11:28:53 -0400

OpenDNS also has a FamilyShield offering for free.  By simply pointing to specific DNS servers, it will block queries
for many adult websites and known malware sites.  It's very easy to setup as there is no configuration other than to
change your DNS settings.  Additional details are available from http://www.opendns.com/familyshield.

Paul

Paul Lepkowski, CISSP, GIAC-GPEN
RIT Information Security Office
Enterprise Information Security Lead Engineer
Staff Council Representative

Rochester Institute of Technology
Ross 10-A200
151 Lomb Memorial Drive
Rochester, NY 14623
(585) 475-6972
paul.lepkowski () rit edu

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTE: The information transmitted, including attachments, is intended only for the person(s) or entity
to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any review, retransmission,
dissemination or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon this information by persons or entities other
than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you received this in error, please contact the sender and destroy any
copies of this information.