Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Auto-update versus "going green"

From: Todd Clementz <clementz.7 () OSU EDU>
Date: Thu, 14 Oct 2010 15:19:32 -0400

Something to consider is if you utilize a DHCP server...when trying to bring
too many machines online, DHCP is overrun and not able to distribute to
large quantities of machines querying for address simultaneously.

Todd Clementz
Systems Engineer
Knowlton School of Architecture
The Ohio State University