Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Auto-update versus "going green"

From: "Parker, Ron" <Ron.Parker () BRAZOSPORT EDU>
Date: Fri, 8 Oct 2010 10:45:29 -0500

That is what we do. We wake the machines up every Thursday night at 11:00 to install patches, updates, etc. It is a
strange sight to be here late at night and see all the lab computers come on. We're using Deepfreeze in the labs so the
routine disables it while the updates run. We've done this for many years and it has worked well for us.

--
Ron Parker, Director of Information Technology, Brazosport College
Voice: (979) 230-3480             FAX: (979) 230-3111