Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Please print and post -

From: John Ladwig <John.Ladwig () CSU MNSCU EDU>
Date: Mon, 11 Oct 2010 18:03:33 -0500

It doesn't take the irony award away from Symantec's recent publication
of "The Rise of PDF Malware" (Selvaraj and Gutierrez)  - distributed in,
of course, PDF format.  :-)

That report does document the markings of which Mr. Bayn speaks, as
well, though it gets pretty technical toward the end of the report.

   -jml

Bob Bayn <bob.bayn () USU EDU> 2010-10-11 17:40 >>>
I, too, thought that message had a lot of the markings of messages we
try to get our users to avoid:  brief, vague instructions to click on an
unexpected attachment of unknown content.

Bob Bayn        (435)797-2396      Security Team coordinator
             http://tinyurl.com/I-Need-a-Kidney
Office of Information Technology   at  Utah State University