Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Logon Disclaimer

From: James Farr '05 <jfarr () UTICA EDU>
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 2010 16:51:54 -0400

Are you looking for a Wi-Fi logon or something they will use in the
Residence Halls to put their computer on your network.

We are also in the middle of changing our disclaimers.  Here is version 1 of
what we are using.

Here is one that I liked

https://networking.unh.edu/auto_connect/

but we wanted to add more detail so we wanted to make sure this was included
As part of the processes you may have to install (windows patches,
antivirus, and other software that etc,  section currently under
construction.) not created or supported by Utica College.    These settings
and software are mandatory for any users wanting to access our network
resources.  If you are unsure how to perform any of these actions contact
your preferred computer ResNet for support.

To get started, simply accept the End-User License Agreement and click
'Start'.

IITS will never ask you for your password.  Never email your password to
anyone.

James Farr

Information Security Officer

Instructional Technologist

Utica College

 <mailto:jfarr () utica edu> jfarr () utica edu

315-223-2386