Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Password Expatriation notification

From: "SCHALIP, MICHAEL" <mschalip () CNM EDU>
Date: Thu, 19 Aug 2010 13:48:25 -0600

Cool.....now - change that admin "passphrase" every term (our current policy) - or every 6 months - and your sys admins
will be lobbying for 2-factor within a couple of terms....

Also be prepared to audit your sys admins and their system accounts......be prepared to find the "official" sys admin
accounts, and more than likely a shadow account that they use for everyday use (with a 4-6 character password.......;-)