Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: computer security vision for next 3-5 years

From: Michael Sinatra <michael () RANCID BERKELEY EDU>
Date: Wed, 13 Jan 2010 13:08:32 -0800

On 01/12/10 13:47, Valdis Kletnieks wrote:
On Tue, 12 Jan 2010 12:17:29 PST, Michael Sinatra said:

o Similarly, we'll see fewer security groups reporting directly to the
CIO and more organizational integration of security.

It will be interesting to see what, if any, effect that has on REN-ISAC
membership rules (for instance, I fail for REN-ISAC membership because
I'm part of our network storage and backup group, not the security office).

And that's one of the reasons that the current model of security in
higher ed needs some work: Obvious contributors like Valdis are kept out
of the discussion and security groups are more isolated than they should be.

michael