Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Vyatta routers

From: Kevin Carmical <KevinC () UCA EDU>
Date: Fri, 26 Mar 2010 09:49:52 -0500

Actually, you're the only reply I got, even off-list. So, I would assume there aren't many people yet who have used
them.

We're looking at them as a (relatively) cheap way to secure a 10G connection. Everything I've seen from "normal"
security vendors is well outside our ability to purchase, so I'm forced to look into a roll-your-own approach. I
wouldn't really prefer that if we had options, but this is pretty much our only play at this point.

I'll look into those other projects as well. Thanks for the response!

Kevin Carmical
Network Support
UCA
BBA 107
501-450-3107

John Kristoff <jtk () CYMRU COM> 03/25/10 4:56 PM >>>
On Fri, 19 Mar 2010 17:52:35 -0500