Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Are users right in rejecting security advice?

From: "Jansen, Morgan R." <morgan.jansen () ROSALINDFRANKLIN EDU>
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2010 14:58:21 -0500

This is such an interesting discussion!  I agree that security must be tailored for the institution.  Relating the
reasoning to the user base and giving them training is key.  My husband works with me and hated when we implemented
more restrictive password policies.  I have found that when people understand why they are more restrictive and are
given some tips on how to remember their passwords they are more agreeable.

Morgan Jansen
morgan.jansen () rosalindfranklin edu