Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: recommendations for an SSH client?

From: Jeff Giacobbe <giacobbej () MAIL MONTCLAIR EDU>
Date: Tue, 23 Feb 2010 22:14:32 -0500

Tim-

You may want to have a look at MindTerm from AppGate, Inc.  It is a
commercial product but there is no licensing fee for personal use or
"limited" commercial use (25 users or less)  I'm not sure if they offer
.edu discounts for > 25 users.

http://www.appgate.com/index/products/mindterm/

Some key features:

- 100% Java SSHv2 client so it is -truly- cross platform (I've run the
same .jar file on Windows, MacOS, Linux, and Solaris)

- Pretty good VT terminal emulation with screen capture and print screen
functions

- Built in sftp, ftp, and scp GUI.

Regards,

Jeff Giacobbe