Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

recommendations for an SSH client?

From: Tim Cline <tcline () EMAIL UNC EDU>
Date: Tue, 23 Feb 2010 10:07:10 -0500

Greetings,

I would be interested in hearing your opinions about what SSH client you
prefer. I am particularly interested in a client that 1) is
cross-platform, 2) is supported by its vendor for the current versions
of Windows, Mac OS X, RHEL, and Ubuntu, 3) is free (as in free beer), 4)
has a GUI as opposed to a CLI, and 5) also offers the ability to
securely copy or transfer files. I am interested in seeing whether this
client could be linked from a local shareware site, as well as to
whether it could be included as part of a standard software image
package made available to faculty and staff. Many thanks.

Regards,
Tim Cline

Tim Cline
Information Security Analyst
Information Security Office / Information Technology Services The
(919) 445-9388
Tim_Cline () unc edu