Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Discontinuing student email service

From: Jesse Thompson <jesse.thompson () DOIT WISC EDU>
Date: Tue, 26 Jan 2010 14:25:38 -0600

Why not just put students onto your fac/staff email service?

Jesse

On 1/26/2010 1:33 PM, Moore, Frank wrote:
When we got rid of our student e-mail system which was at end of life and support we got rid of huge recurring
maintenance costs as well as the expense of purchasing new hardware so we were pleased with the decision.

frank

F. X. Moore III, Ph.D.
Vice President for Technology, CIO and Chief Privacy Officer
Longwood University
201 High Street
Farmville, VA 23909

(434) 395-2034 [voice]
(434) 395-2035 [fax]

http://www.longwood.edu

Do not ever e-mail your password to anyone.
IITS will never ask for your password