Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Juniper gateway choices

From: Joseph Clark <clarkjk () COFC EDU>
Date: Wed, 20 Jan 2010 12:24:41 -0500

We have both SSG and SRX devices here on Campus and I would have to say that
the SRX line has become the better of the two. After using both JunOS and
ScreenOS on these gateways I personally prefer JunOS. The learning curve
also seemed a lot shorter for JunOS than for ScreenOS.
I also heard somewhere that the SSG line will be going away.
If you have any specific questions let me know.

Thanks,
Joseph Clark
clarkjk () cofc edu
(843) 953-3846