Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Juniper gateway choices

From: Anthony Maszeroski <maszeroskia3 () SCRANTON EDU>
Date: Wed, 20 Jan 2010 14:58:54 -0500

Cal,

From what I understand Juniper is going to phase out ScreenOS and the
devices that run it. We just implemented two SRXs to replace a
Checkpoint cluster and overall we're very pleased. Coming from a Cisco
background, there's a bit of a learning curve involved in finding the
JunOS equivalent ways of doing things, but it's not bad. As for the OS
side of JunOS, it's derived from and bears great resemblance to FreeBSD 6.