Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Juniper gateway choices

From: Cal Frye <cjf () CALFRYE COM>
Date: Wed, 20 Jan 2010 11:08:27 -0500

Hi, all,
A quick question: I see Juniper has a couple choices for a branch-office
gateway sort of device. The SRX series employs JunOS, while the SSG line
speaks ScreenOS. Many of the specs appear similar, and some of the
hardware appears identical, at least in the glossies.

Any experiences or advice that might help me lean in one direction
rather than the other? I don't have any Juniper experience for
grounding. I'm talking about the lower-end units, like the SSG140 or SRX210.

Thanks in advance!
--
Best regards
-- Cal Frye, Network Administrator, Oberlin College

   www.calfrye.com,  www.oberlin.edu/cit/

"Give us a child's faith, that we may be cured of our cynicism." --Sara
Moores Campbell.