Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Mac encryption?

From: "Jones, Dan" <Dan.Jones () UMASSMED EDU>
Date: Thu, 12 Nov 2009 15:49:05 -0500

With OSX, the included encryption tool only encrypts data that is stored in the user's folder. This leaves too much to
chance, so we are extending our PointSec deployment to the Macs.

Apparently CheckPoint has worked out the incompatabilities that PointSec had with Snow Leopard (as has most everyone
else).

Dan Jones, CGEIT, CISM
UMass Medical School