Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Faculty Acceptance of Security Awareness Education?

From: "Then, Keri" <Keri_Then () REDLANDS EDU>
Date: Wed, 28 Oct 2009 16:47:21 -0700

We are now conducting security awareness training and gained support
from all members of the community by the use of multiple announcements
released from our Chief Operating Officer's office (Executive VP level)
rather than the CIO office.  So far about 40% of the population have
completed the training and we send reminders each week to those that
have either not started or are still in progress.

We selected Inspired eLearning,  as they update their training annually
and have multiple levels of training from basic to security certificate
level training.  We asked that all employees that use computers complete
the basis security course and gave them two months which of course we
may need to extend for specific circumstances (faculty on sabbatical,
etc.)

Keri A. Then

Director of Enterprise Services, ITS

University of Redlands