Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

IPS signature update process

From: "Fields, Kimberly" <kfield3 () AMERIGROUPCORP COM>
Date: Mon, 17 Aug 2009 23:15:20 -0400

Hello All,

We are currently trying to formalize a process for updating our IPS signatures.  I was looking to see what other people
out there are doing.  Management would like to incorporate a review committee to help ensure legitimate traffic doesn't
get blocked.  I'm struggling to come up with a model that would incorporate this.

 Any feedback would be helpful.

Confidentiality Notice: This e-mail message, including any attachments, is for the sole use of the intended
recipient(s) and may include
AMERIGROUP member(s) information that is legally privileged. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution
is prohibited.
If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy copies of the original
message.