Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Email Forwarding

From: Kenneth Arnold <bkarnold () CBU EDU>
Date: Tue, 22 Sep 2009 08:18:30 -0500

We allow forwarding for all email accounts. Students and Faculty/Staff
are treated the same.

Jay Graham wrote:
Folks,

I know this comes up every once in a while on this group and I hate to
bring it up again, I just want to get a quick read of the landscape
and see if anything has changed over the past year.

Q1: Do you allow forwarding of University email addresses internally
and/or externally? (i.e. Allow username () pitt edu to forward to
username () gmail com)

Q2: Do you treat students any differently than Faculty and Staff?

Q3: If you don't allow forwarding, is more a technical reason or
security reason?

Thanks,
Jay Graham
Lead Technologist