Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Emergency Alert System

From: "James R. Pardonek" <pardonjr () CALUMET PURDUE EDU>
Date: Thu, 10 Sep 2009 08:59:09 -0500

At Purdue Calumet, we are implementing a product called Attention Real Time.  It allows for SMS, email, PA
announcements, digital signs, the emergency frame on our main web page, and voice prompted cell phone calls.  We then
coupled it with our Enterasys NAC system which gives us a web based front end and also sets a TOS bit on our switches
to redirect web traffic to an alert page.

The thought is that the more avenues we can use for alerts, the better.

Jim

James R. Pardonek, CISSP

Senior Network Administrator

Purdue University Calumet Data Network