Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Gmail for students and IMAP

From: "James M. Dutcher - Assoc of IS/IT & CIO" <james.dutcher () SUNYORANGE EDU>
Date: Thu, 30 Jul 2009 01:27:43 +0000

Ummmm...I believe I mentioned that....you cut off my email after the "(but" in your reply

Regardless if email is internally or externally hosted, it is always subject to inspection (both with/without
permission).

I know of a good many higher ed orgs where they host email internally AND the primary email sys admin habitually
inspects their co-workers and managers emails.....and why do they do this....because they can....

Jim
James M. Dutcher - Assoc.VP IS/IT & CIO - SUNY Orange