Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Smartphone Policies.

From: Caroline Couture <caroline () POBOX UPENN EDU>
Date: Mon, 27 Apr 2009 15:42:26 -0400

You can have remote wipe set up for Blackberrys that connect via BES. That might be more secure than just letting folks
with personal Blackberrys do forwarding to a BIS.

I know that I use my personal Blackberry but had to agree to the University's security policies when I got it on the
BES.

Heck, doing that makes me feel more secure about the device in general. But I only have my work email via BES on it and
don't do personal email on it anyway.

Caroline

Caroline Couture
College House Computing
3702 Spruce Street
Philadelphia, PA 19104

You must never confuse faith that you will prevail in the end -- which you can never afford to lose -- with the
discipline to confront the most brutal facts of your current reality, whatever they might be.
-- Vice Admiral James Bond Stockdale